Create Team Contest
Team contests serve as a valuable means to foster friendly competition among various teams within your organization. For instance, they can spur healthy competition between Sales teams from different regions like North and South.
To Create a team contest, Click the "Create" button in the contest tab in Hub or your lighting page and input the following details in the "Create Contest" page:
1. Enter the contest name.
2. Provide a detailed description for the contest by clicking the icon
3. Choose the contest type as team.
4. Opt to enable the Leaderboard if you wish to grant all users access. Managers, by default, will have access to Leaderboard and detailed leaderboard.
5. Specify the Start Date and Time for the contest.
6. Specify the End Date and Time for the contest.
7. Select the Timezone (defaulted to the user’s timezone).
8. Under the team section, select the teams you want to participate in the contest. Selecting a team name will automatically populate the team members as users for the team in the contest and the managers will be populated as the contest owners.
Additional users can be added in the owners and users field as needed.
9.Expand the "Prizes" section and add at least one prize. For each prize, include:
- Position: The label for the position (e.g., 1st, Top Ranked).
- Prize: The actual reward for the winner (e.g., $5000, iPhone).
10. Add KPIs for the contest; one or more KPIs can be included.
- Search and select the KPI.
- Choose the "Assigned to" field from the object in the selected KPI to allocate records to contest participants. If the Owner field of the object is selected as the Assigned to field then the record with the participant in the owner field will be assigned to the team when calculating the contest positions.
- Select the points calculation method:
- Total Value: Each team's total KPI value will be used to calculate the team’s position for the contest.
- Points: Assign points based on KPI value (e.g., 1 point for every 10 meetings). Points earned by each team based on KPI value will be used.
- Percentage of Target: Contest Position calculation is based on the percentage of the team's target the team members has achieved. Each team can have their own target thus providing flexibility for setting up contests.
- Field: It is a display only field that provides information: function and field for selected KPI (e.g., "Count" for "Opportunity Count" KPI and “Sum of Amount” for “Closed Opportunity Amount” KPI).
- Target: If Percentage of Target is selected as the Point calculation option the target field will be available to enter the target for each team, you can also enter custom target for each user by clicking the icon.
11. Add more KPIs as necessary.
12. Click 'Save' to save the contest as a draft or click 'Save & Activate' to activate the contest.
Additional actions available for contest
- Pause: Change the contest status to “Paused”. Paused contests will not be available in Users view.
- Close: Change the contest status to “Closed”. Closed contests will not be available in Users view.
- Delete: Delete a contest
- Create a Contest: Open a new Create Contest Page
- Cancel: This is going to Contest Dashboard LWC, Lets remove the button as it should not go to this place.