Create Sobject Key Result
Sobject Key Result can be used to automatically track Key Progress using data from any standard or custom Salesforce Objects. Key Result progress for Sobject Key Results will be automatically updated by a batch program.
Key Result based on data from Salesforce Objects
To create a Sobject Key Result, follow the steps provided in create OKR to enter objective fields and for the Key Result follow the below steps
1.Enter Key Result Name
Key Result names should be short, concise and highly recommended to include measurable values. The icon next to the Key Result Name field will be red if the Key Result name field does not have a numeric value. This is not an error, it is to help the users to ensure Key Results Names are measurable.
2.Enter Unit as Sobject
Select Sobject in the Unit drop down. Frequency will be automatically set to Daily.
3.Enter Sobject Information
Click Sobject icon next to the Sobject Unit field to open the Sobject selection screen,
- Enter an Object. (If Object is not available contact your administrator to add Objects in Settings)
- Select a function
- Select an aggregate field for all functions except count. For count, the aggregate field is disabled.
- Select Filter Conditions
- All conditions are met ( All condition is added for all filters)
- Any conditions is met (Any condition is added for all filters)
- Custom Logic (to write own expression for filters using a combination of And and OR.
- No Filter (no filter condition)
- In the filters, select a field, select a Lookup Object field (Optional only if a Lookup type field is selected as the field), select an operator and enter a value.Based on the field selected, the operator and the value field will change. For Example for a pick list field value field will automatically display the picklist values.(For null do not enter anything in the value field, leave it blank).Please click here for sample Sobject Key Results.
- Enter more filters if required
- Enter expression if Custom Logic is entered as the Filter condition. Example: (1 OR 2) AND 3 AND (4 OR 5). A combination of And, OR, ( ) can be used in the expression. Do not enter the same filter twice.
- Click Preview to view the value and the records behind the value based on the filters set. Use preview to validate the filters set.
- Click Save to return to the main OKR screen.
Enter target for Key Result. Target should be greater than the starting value for Increase Key Result type and Target should be lesser than the starting value for Decrease Key Result type.
Enter weight for the Key Result to calculate the progress for the Objective.
Enter the below optional fields for each key results in the side window
6. Enter Split Target (Optional)
a.Click Split Target Icon
Click the Split Target icon to open the Split Target screen. Once a split target is entered then the Target type is set up Increase and the Starting value field is disabled. Deadline date field will also be disabled once the Split Target values are entered, deadline date has to be entered before entering the Split Target values.
b.Select a Split Period
Select a Split Period such as Month or Week
C.Enter targets for Split intervals
Enter targets for each split time interval, total KR target should be equal to the sum of the targets entered for the time intervals. Click Save to return to the main OKR screen.
7.Select Target Type
Default value is Increase, select Decrease if the expected target should be lower than the starting value.
8.Enter Starting Value
Starting value is optional for Increase Target type Key Result and . For the increased target type, the starting value should be less than the target and for the decreased target type the starting value should be more than the target.
Select the initial confidence for achieving the key result’s target.
10.Enter Contributors (Optional)
Enter any additional user/users as contributors for the Key Result. Contributors can also update the Key Result’s progress along with the Owner of the Key Result.
11.Enter Deadline (Optional)
Enter a custom deadline for the Key Result if it is different from the end date for the period selected for the OKR. Deadline date should be between the start and end date of the period selected.
Add more Key Results and Save or Save & Activate the OKR. Progress for Sobject Key Result is automatically updated through a batch program based on the entered Salesforce Object.
Information: For Sobject Key Result
- Frequency is defaulted to daily as the progress is updated automatically
- Objects available in Sobjects are managed in Settings.