Create Task Based OKR
A Task-based OKR (Objectives and Key Results) is a goal-setting approach where objectives progress is the same as the progress of the tasks in the board. This OKRs can be useful to track the progress of a project and a series of tasks.
How it Works:
- In this model, the Objective's progress is updated based on the completion of assigned tasks.
- There are no traditional key results; task progress becomes the primary metric for Objective advancement.
- When setting up an Objective, users can choose the task-centric approach, omitting the traditional key result structure.
- Progress updates for the Objective are directly linked to the completion status of assigned tasks.
Create Board for OKRs
To establish a task-based OKR without key results, follow these steps on the OKR creation page:
- Check the second checkbox with task icon next the OKR name input box.
- When selected, Confirmation for creating an OKR without key results appears requiring a selection. Note that if you apply yes to an existing OKR, its key results will be deleted.
- Once confirmed, a new popup will appear, presenting a board creation page.
- In this page, you can seamlessly add tasks. The initial board name defaults to the OKR name, which you can modify at any time by clicking on it.
- Assign tasks to specific individuals, set deadlines, and make any necessary adjustments.
- For a comprehensive guide on task creation, please refer to www.okrify.com.
- After adding tasks, close the popup, and finalize the process by clicking "Save and Activate" to activate the OKR.
By following these steps, you can create a task based OKR without key results. The progress of the OKRs will be based on the overall progress of all the tasks in the board.