What is Private OKR?
Private OKRs can only be viewed by Owner and Co-Owners for an OKR. Set an individual OKR as a Private OKR by using the Access field in the Additional information section in the Create OKR page.
Steps to Create Private OKR
- Click Create OKR button from the Hub
- Select Team as the Ownership for the OKR by selecting the icon
( Team OKRs can be restricted to Team Access, only members of the team and the Co-Owner and Owners can view. Only Individual OKRs can be set to Private Access.)
- Enter Objective Name
Enter a clear, concise Objective name that is inspirational and easy to understand
- Select Period
Period automatically defaults to Current Period, Current FY or Current Strategic Period based on the organization’s default settings Team/Individual OKR. The defaulted period can be changed to any Period in Current Period, Current FY, Current Str Period, Future Period, Future FY, Future Str Period.
- Select a Parent Objective (Optional)
Aligning objectives to strategic goals is a key principle of OKR methodology and helps to ensure focused execution across teams. Entering a parent Objective will align the objective with the parent and also will enable the objective hierarchy view.
- Expand Additional Information to enter the following fields
- Tags – Tags can be used to group Objectives by Projects, category, focussed area, etc. Tags are Salesforce topics that can be easily searched using the global Salesforce search from anywhere in your Salesforce org. Click here for more information on how to search using tags.
- Access – Set Access to private. All is the default value. Setting to private will restrict access to only Owner or Co-Owner.
- Co-Owners – Enter one or more users as Co-Owners for the OKR. Co-owners can edit OKR and update Key Result progress
Follow the rest of the steps from the Create OKR help page.